We provide consultancy services associated with Net Zero Energy Building (NZEB) projects.
Net Zero is a recent concept that pushes building performance to its highest limits of efficiency. This concept fits in well with the sustainable design approach: the lower the energy consumption at the building level, the lower the demand at the urban infrastructure scale.
As well as providing academic Master Degree and postgraduate courses at the School of Professional & Executive Development of the UPC and online courses, we also offer consultancy services, particularly for NZEB projects and generally related to the incorporation of sustainable design strategies.
ENERGY EFFICIENCY: PASSIVE TECHNIQUES
Conditioning buildings to fit in with their climatic environments
- Regulating Solar Radiation
- Improving natural lighting
- Improving natural ventilation
- Constructive optimization and specification of high-performance building envelope systems
ENERGY EFFICIENCY: ACTIVE TECHNIQUES
Highly efficient building systems to reduce energy use and promote the active use of renewable energy sources
- High indoor air quality and occupant comfort
- Ventilation systems: (HVR) Heat Recovery Ventilation and (ERV) Energy Recovery Ventilation
- Air conditioning system (heating and cooling)
- Artificial Lighting
- Solar thermal, solar photovoltaic, wind, geo-thermal and biomass energy
THE WATER CYCLE
- Water efficiency
- Grey water
- Wastewater treatment
- Incorporation of vegetation within buildings
- Interior sky gardens
- Green roofs
- Green walls and vertical gardens
REGULATION AND CONTROL
Building management system
- Energy comfort
LABELS AND RATINGS: MEASURING ECODESIGN
- Life cycle analysis
- Building evaluation: CTE Energy Certification
- Building evaluation: the Passivhaus Standard
- Building evaluation: LEED Certification
- Monitoring energy use
- Visualisation and diffusion of results
Evaluation of the present energy status and technical and an economic evaluation of measures required to make savings. Obligatory for large companies according to Spanish RD 56/2016.
Energy Assessment of buildings at the project stage. Evaluation of measures required to make savings
ENERGY MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS (ISO 50001)
A tool to allow organisations to develop and introduce their energy policies and manage their activities, products and services related to the use of energy.
An alternative for large companies in line with Spain’s RD 56/2016.