2013 Green Tour – The Netherlands
The 2013 Green Tour took place in the Netherlands, from 1st to 6th April, 2013. Students on the 2012-2013 Master’s Degree in Architecture and Sustainability visited office buildings, ecological neighbourhoods, a library and residences designed and constructed according to sustainable strategies.
- Talk at ZUYD University and visit to “the neighbourhood of tomorrow”, in Maastricht, as well as to residences rehabilitated to achieve zero-energy status.
- Public library of Amsterdam.
- Presentation of the Amsterdam Smart City project and the Smart Grid initiative in the New West neighbourhood.
- Visit to Residence 2.0, a sustainable house in Ijburg.
- Visit to Keetwonen: student residences made from recycled shipping containers.
- Transfer to Culemborg in order to visit the Eva Lanxmeer ecological neighbourhood.
- Visit to the offices of WWF in Zeist.