2012 Green Tour: ZURICH, LUCERNE, BASEL
The 2012 Green Tour was to the city of Zurich; we also visited the cities of Lucerne and Basel:
- Visit to the Campus of the ETH: explanation of the latest technologies for saving energy that the campus has incorporated into its new buildings.
- Conference by Arno Schluter: The HPZ Building – ETH. SuAT – Technologies for Architecture and Sustainability.
- Renovation of the facades of the Heumatt buildings in a residential area.
- Visit to the Forum Chriesbach building and presentation by Rudolf Trachsel: Sustainability in Public Buildings
- Visit to headquarters of the brand Movenpick Marché International: an example of passive construction using wood and change of phase materials.
- Talk by Roland Stulz about the “2000W Society”
- Presentation about the Swiss energy certification for Minergie buildings.
- Visit to the Ihomelab laboratory in Lucerne: demonstration of regulation and control in the building sector and of the possibilities for using social networks and telecommunications to improve efficiency and security.
- Gundeldinger Feld, Basel: the sustainable rehabilitation of a former industrial complex and its reconversion into a social and commercial centre.
- Freitag Flagship Store: construction using maritime shipping containers.
- Visit to the MFO-Park.